Monday, March 31, 2014

Crochet with Color

I got a new book today! It's called Crochet With Color ,25 Contemporary Projects for the Yarn Lover by Kazuko Ryokai.
I LOVE this book! It's full of info on how to read charts, not just written out patterns. There's pictures and very detailed instructions for every pattern. There's cute pictures of this adorable little girl wearing her crocheted accessories and loads of other colorful pictures.
I got this from Amazon.com and I ordered it used, from someone with great feedback. If you're crafting on a budget, I suggest doing that. Used is just as good as new, as long as you do your research on who you're buying from. Just read the feedback.

I also found this from Urban Threads
It's an embroidery pattern that I think is probably the coolest one I've ever seen. I plan on ordering this and getting it done sometime this spring. I love doing hand embroidery, even though I haven't mastered it yet. It still turns out pretty neat. It's a lot of fun when you wing it, but I like to work with patterns, because I'm not very good at drawing my own designs. There's a butt ton of sites out there to help you learn the stitches and knots and how to get started and what you need. There's probably videos on YouTube also. Just check it out, start out small and give it a go. What's the worst that can happen? Yarn poke your finger or you just don't like it. You won't know until you give it a chance. Who knows, it might be your calling. Just try new things and enjoy yourself!!
Until next time,
Tonya @Woollyghoulie
(Follow me on Twitter!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment