Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hand Stitchery

I've been getting back into hand embroidery the last couple of days. I found a blog, BadBirds, and there's a bunch of cute and free patterns. I fell in love with the rabbit patterns. They're adorable, kinda creepy and simple. Perfect for me, because I'm not very good at the stitching thing just yet. I really enjoy it, it's relaxing, and you can pretty much stitch whatever it is that you want. I've just been stitching for my personal use  because, like I said, they're not very good. I'll have a couple samples of my work here in a couple days. I have ordered some books, to help me out with the details. They have patterns and tips and tricks! I'll be posting about them too. I'm really excited about those books. I do have a couple other books on hand embroidery and cross stitch, I'll dig those out and share them with you also. There's a bunch of cool cross stitch patterns that are more modern and creepy. I'm really excited about that! I can't to get some patterns stitched up, and even start making my own!

On another note, I will be crocheting some wash cloths, face wash cloths and dish cloths soon, and posting them with the stitches I use. I can tell you this, they'll be simple, cute and cotton. I think that cotton is best for wash cloths.

So there's some things to be looking for from yours truly!
Until next time,
Tonya@Woollyghoulie

No comments:

Post a Comment