Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Granny Square-O-Rama!!!

Granny Squares are an easy crochet pattern for anyone with some yarn and a hook. I like them because I can knock them out in hardly any time and use whatever color scheme I want. I can keep email all the same, or change them up. I can make them as small or as big as I want. I can put them in any pattern I want, it's all up to me. The granny stitch is pretty versatile on its own. You don't have to keep it square. Make as many corners as you can, or keep it round. Use different yarns for different textures, just as any other stitch.
The squares I've got here, are for a blanket I'm making for our bed. It's going to be very vivid and bright and awesome.
I've been using Schachenmayr Original Bravo yarn for this project. The same yarn I use  to make the perfect triangle scarf I posted about before. Same colors too! I love this yarn so much. It's an acrylic DK weight yarn made in bright colors. I order this yarn from Craftsy. It's usually on sale, and I can get it a decent price. They've listed other yarns made by Schachenmayr also.
To make these granny squares, I've been using a size D/3 hook. I really like the stitch tightness with this yarn and hook together. Smaller hook doesn't work out, and neither does a bigger hook. So I suggest using a D Hook with this yarn.
Well, I hope this inspires someone to hook up a neat granny square blanket, top or pillow or something.
Until next time,
Tonya@Woollyghoulie

No comments:

Post a Comment