Sunday, December 8, 2013

Perfect scarf yarn!!!!

I received the yarn I ordered from Craftsy, last week. I found this yarn on sale.

It's Bravo, by Schachenmayr! I have never worked with this yarn before. It's from Germany, and is a dk weight. It's 100% acrylic yarn. These skeins consist of 1.75 oz. or 145 yds. I'm so excited! I'm still working on this Christmas present.. I got the idea for it from little woolly. She posted a CAL for a blanket of mixed stitches, and it turned out beautifully. So, I'm taking her pattern, and kind of putting my own twist on it. I'm not using dk weight yarn for the blanket, I'm using Red Heart Super Saver, it  worsted weight. It's turning out beautifully. Im really happy with the results. I'm not using much white, and the little bit that I am using, is soft white. I'm using a couple blues, a couple purples, a berry color red, spring green, pink, yellow, charcoal grey and light mint green. So far, mixing the colors has turned out really really well. Once I get the blanket done, I'll definitely post pictures. Well, maybe after Christmas. I don't want to take any chances on spoiling the gift!

Dinner plans:
Tonight, I'm eating Mexican food, folks. I LOVE fajitas. There's  a little Mexican restaurant here, and they're pretty good. So I'll be scarfing down some steak fajitas and queso and chips! Also, I'll be crocheting on that blanket! I've got to get it done so I can start my CAL on the perfect scarf!

The lucky me:
Our tree has presents under it, we've got food in our belly, and a warm home. I'm pretty lucky. I'm really glad I have the opportunity to surround myself in my favorite hobbies. I'm really lucky I've got the support to keep being creative, and pushing myself. I'm lucky to have my family. I lost my daddy on Dec. 17th of 2011, and I miss him more and more everyday. And this time of year kinda sucks because of that. But, I try to not let it get me too bad, and I try to keep cheery about it all.

So I've got work to do. And I can't do it if I'm blogging!
Until next time,
Tonya @WoollyGhoulie

P.S. here's little woollies blog www.littlewoollie.blogspot.com
Here's where I got the yarn www.craftsy.com
An  here's where you can get your Redheart Super Saver yarn www.redheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment