Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Here I go again!!!

I started working on the blanket I'm making for my mom. It's my take on little woollies pattern for her mixed stitch blanket. I have taken some of the stitches she used and left some out. I am using worsted weight yarn from redheart. I'm using nine different colors. Here's what it is starting to look like
 The last seven rows were worked last night. I figure if I add at least that much every night, I can get this thing done within the month!!!!! Gosh, I sure hope I get it done before her birthday in September! 
I think my favorite part of this so far is the bobble stitch rows. They take a bit longer for me to crochet, because I'm not used to carrying another color as I go, but it's fun! It's different and I can always go for something different. That is my progress. It's taking me so long because I needed a break. I kept messing up and I was getting VERY frustrated with it. Well, I have it all figured out as far as the stitches I'm using, and now I'm back in action.

I'm working on another blanket, also. But it isn't anything I'm posting yet until I completely finish it, and see how ugly it is before I decide if I'm sharing it or not. See, there was a bunch of ugly yarn I hadn't been using because I couldn't figure out what I could use it for. It's worsted weight, the colors are kinda old looking, like they've been stuck in an attic for years, and kinda itchy.  One day, Paul asked me to make another blanket because the one I made earlier, his toes poke through the holes. Now, this isn't anything you use in bed, it's just something to cover up with on the couch. And he likes his feet covered up, toes too. So I decided I'd take all the yarn I couldn't figure out what to do with, and make an ugly blanket. Turns out, he really likes it so far. He doesn't mind the colors and thinks they go great together. So its working  out just fine. If I like it at the end, I'll post it. =) until then, I need to get back to work.

Until next time,
Tonya@WoollyGhoulie

No comments:

Post a Comment