Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day of the Dead, a blanket and dolls.

I have been crocheting my fingers to the bone. I finished off the Day of the Dead garland. Then I decided to make a blanket because I was cold. I have pictures of both.

My blinds need replaced, I know it. I'm getting to it. And my cat LOVES the granny square blanket I made.
Wal-Mart has been clearing out a bunch of yarn. I got four skeins of One Pound by Caron for $12!!!!! I thought that was a great deal, so then it sat in the totes for about a month... I decided to make skulls for my garland. Then I decided I needed to make a blanket. I did. It's finished. That's right. There's nothing better than finishing two big projects within a week.

The flowers for the garland were pretty easy. I just did spiral flowers in different sizes. The skulls are all different sizes, I was just kinda making them randomly. I didn't follow an exact pattern. I just looked at one from Redheart, and went from there. I backed the skulls with felt, and all the mouths and noses are stitched on, and the eyes, they're stitched on. I used some buttons I got in a bag at A.C.Moore, for $6.00. I didn't use them all. I have a good bit left. And the buttons are really neat. I love them.  The yarn I used for the flowers and the rope to stitch them all together was Redheart Super Saver yarn. I had a bunch of partial skeins left, and just used different colors I thought would look good together and make it bright.

For the blanket, I used three skeins of One Pound by Caron. One in a red, a purple and an off white. It's large, warm and cozy! I love the way the colors turned out together. It's very warm. I just used a granny stitch a and my I hook. I finished it off with a scalloped edge to make it even prettier. I hope y'all like it!!!

Also, there is something I have been obsessed with lately. Lalaloopsy dolls. They're ADORABLE!!!!!!! I love them so much! They're perfect as far as dolls go, in my opinion. They're not slutty looking and they have cute sidekicks. I love the born on dates, kinda like the CPK have, and they have a sweet little personality to them. I have ten now. It all started with a Sailor one. She was a workshop doll.  Then I got a double pack, the clown and princess. Then the mini, she looks like the tin man from Wizard of Oz. They have themes!!! I love it! I got the snow white looking one, and my fiance got me the two Halloween minis! I have an Oopsie, and a boy one. They're my favorite doll babies ever. But I must say, the Halloween Scraps Stitched and Sewn one is my favorite. If I could be a doll, I'd be that doll. It reminds me of me a little. Okay. That's all on that. I had to share.
Until next time,Tonya @ WoollyGhoulie

No comments:

Post a Comment