Saturday, August 24, 2013

It's almost over!!

   Well, folks, it's almost over. It's almost time to put out your fall decorations and break out your warmer clothes!! Yay!!!! This means it's time to get bustin' butt to get some fall and winter items done and posted. It also means it's almost time for bonfires and hotdog roasts!!! But best of all, the leaves are changing, the air smells and feels cleaner, you can wear your boots and eat soup!!
   I have acquired some wreaths that need some serious makeovers. I have a few that are that pine needle stuff, and a few grapevine ones. I'm more interested in the  grapevine ones. I won't be selling these on my etsy shop. They'll be gifted out or I'll hoard them, depending on how they turn out. I have an idea that includes paper flowers, hot glue gun, straight pins, velvet ribbons and lots of buttons. If you could swim around  in my mind, I'm sure you'd agree it's a great idea. I will post these wreaths as I finish them. Unfortunately (not for me!!), right now, I have a ton of crocheting to get done. So it might take a few weeks. But the wreaths will be done!!
   As for the leaves changing, I will definitely be posting pictures of that! See, I live in a prime area for fantastic fall scenery. I live in the mountains of West By God Virginia, and we go on mini road trips occasionally. There's a place called Hawks Nest here. It is absolutely one of the most beautiful places any time of the year, but my favorite is Fall. There's a hiking path I'm dying to venture out on. One of these days, folks.. One of these days. You can walk to the lookout point and see the river from above and its breath taking. The view of the mountains with the river running between them, the colors of the leaves, just absolutely breath taking!!
  I have a few ideas for some crocheted tops and scarves. Scarves seem to be so boring to me anymore. I have to find a way to spice it up when it comes to a scarf. Something that I would want. I'm not a granny, but I love the granny stitch. It's simple, versatile and classic. There are many things you can make with the granny stitch. I subscribed to Crochet Today a while ago, and for the summer edition there was a pattern for swimming suit shorts. They were made with four granny squares and the rest was just basic stitching. Pretty easy, and very cute. I thought it was a good way to make a classic stitch very modern. There's tops, scarves, mittens and hats that are really pretty and neat that are crocheted in the granny stitch. I have some ideas that I'm very excited to get started on. I'll be posting those to sell in my etsy shop, but I will definitely be sharing them with you, here.
   I've been working on upcycling old Home Interior or Homco stuff lately. It's easy to do, and it has been turning out very well. Scrap materials, paint and a hot glue gun can go an awful long way. You just need an imagination to put it together. That stuff will also be posted  in my etsy shop!!
   This is going to be a very eventful fall/winter for me. I have a million and ten projects to get done! I have to stock up my shop and finish working on this house! I better get to work!!
Until next time!! Have a crafty day!
Tonya
Www.etsy.com/shop/WOOLLYGHOULIE

No comments:

Post a Comment